Followers

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Sensory Piglets from Scraps Recycled

I had a bunch of scraps left over that I wanted to use towards a sensory project and this is what I came up with. I didn't have a pattern so I free hand cut out a pattern from felt. So here is my recycled fabric scraps PIGLET FAMILY which was made for our NEW RECYCLED CANS SENSORY BLOCKS. A place that sparks every childs imagination, where they can feel the different textures, unusual details and each piglet is not the same but different. I hand stitch all my piglets while nap time is welcomed at our daycare center.


What would inspired me to make sensory piglets? The same person that inspired me to make a sensory chicken. It was IKAT BAG PIGLETS. From the moment I wandered to this great blog, I knew what I was doing with these scraps and recycled pieces. Making every piglet different. I used the same pattern I drew up by hand on each little piglet. The first piglet got cardboard feet in which a child can feel inside the feet and see how soft and warm they are. The second piglet got baby food jarlids which they can feel to see how cool they are and to learn the shape circle. They are also textured inside with ridges. The third piglet got the pop bottle legs which are hard but forming circles they can feel around. They fourth piglet has small felt lined cardboard feet in which a child can search for and feel how soft each one is. All made different to notice details. And the 5th piglet has button feet which the children can feel, move and notice that they are all different. Each child is sure to have their favorite piglet when I introduce them today.



Leave us a comment so we know you were here and to encourage us to keep showing OUR CREATIVE SIDE. See our blog and become a follower for a lot of our creative ideas to come.

No comments:

You Might Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Latest Posts

Visit My HomeMade Montessori

Popular Posts

Follow me on Blog Frog

Find Me On BlogFrog!
There was an error in this gadget