Followers

Sunday, November 14, 2010

New Salt Play Dough HIDDEN TREASURES Rounds




HIDDEN TREASURE ROUNDS BY MY HOMEMADE MONTESSORI MANIPULATIVES:


Hello. I have so many projects that I am working on, I just had to share this one. THIS IS A MY CREATIVE SIDE ORIGINAL. I believe in hands on exploration and that children should feel everything in their environment so I made this and they inspired me. They are called Salt Play Dough HIDDEN TREASURE Rounds. I made up 2 sets of play dough. I am including the recipe here. I filled 4 pop bottle bottoms that I cut washed and cut off for a cool impression cup, with the play dough. Just child sized right. Then, I had a bag of misc. jewelry that I got in a box at an auction. I clipped off any sharp parts and necklaces.

I pushed each piece of jewelry down in the play dough until I had all four rounds filled with HIDDEN TREASURES. I put the rounds on a place mat and placed them in the window to dry. The thickness of the play  dough will take a few weeks to dry completely. However, I have been adding a coat of mod podge to the top and bottom of the rounds and they are drying. This activity was so fun to create.



Make sure to turn them upside down and rotate so they can dry all the way through. If you do make this project please tell me how yours turned out as well. Place on a placemat so they don't stick to your window wood base. We are going to add these to our sensory area as soon as they dry. Please leave us a comment so we keep adding to our CREATIVE SIDE. Have a great day and enjoy!


The original salt dough recipe is: Mix 1 cup of flour, 1/4 cup salt and 1 cup of water. Fill the pop bottom plastic containers with play dough. Insert treasures and push them down good. Let  air dry. Cover with mod podge every day for a few days. Let fully dry for about a month before adding to your sensory area.



2 comments:

Mom of a bunch of great kids... said...

Thanks! We will have to try this!

Villa Villeskoola said...

This is so awesome, I can't wait to do this for my littles! Now to scavenge for tiny treasures! Thanks for this fantastic idea!

You Might Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Latest Posts

Visit My HomeMade Montessori

Popular Posts

Follow me on Blog Frog

Find Me On BlogFrog!

Share it