Followers

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Crinkly Sensory Books (recycled crunchy bags)


CRINKLY SENSORY BOOKS

I made these crinkly sensory books out of different materials like felt, twill, flannel choosing different eye stimulating material that I have collected over the years. I cut a round circle from a small foam plate and cute circles rounds from each of the material making sure I have several of each kind to form double rounds of material. I recycled used plastic inside the two pieces of material by hot gluing the plastic inside and then I used hot glue to keep them together. Sun chips, cookie bags, cereal bags and fruit snacks bags make the best crinkly sounds when children touch them in the books. I also saved my Halloween candy bar wrappers to add different sounds. I seen this see through material at Walmart that added another feeling texture to the touch but kept the picture fine because it was see through like a hard lace material. Then I found these extra large buttons in the button isle at Walmart and attached one to each book to hold them together. I strung several times to make sure they hold well. The children like these a lot.

Leave me a comment if you like my ideas or follow me for daily updates.




1 comment:

Sherry said...

I love your idea you are so creative. I have two sensory seeking boys.. I am going to be using several of your ideas!! I am sure I will post on my blog when I do would like to add your link so you get credit if you don't mind. Thanks for all the wonderful ideas. I am still getting use to all of this!! I have lots of friends with children who need more sensory input will be sending them your way!!

You Might Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Latest Posts

Visit My HomeMade Montessori

Popular Posts

Follow me on Blog Frog

Find Me On BlogFrog!
There was an error in this gadget