Followers

Sunday, December 12, 2010

PENGUINS Velcro (Toddlers) Pinch (PreK) Montessori Tray Work






I wanted to share an activity that we love doing at our daycare center. I hand drew this up after not finding creative montessori manipulatives in the stores that satisfied my goals. This is Toddler Velcro work and or
Prek Clothes Pin Pinching work for CREATIVE MONTESSORI TRAYS. The way I designed these materials are:

1.) Velcro work~ print a set of these manipulatives off. Laminate. Cut apart the props, cut the wheel out. Attach the props to velcro on the back of the prop cards, one dot. Put the other velcro piece on the middle of the prop round card. Place the pinching round and props on your choosing shelf in your montessori choice trays. Child sorts the props cards to the correct matching prop on the circle round cards. Have them attach it by the velcro until all are sorted. When done, have them pull each prop off the circle card and place back in the tray to one side, children like to have a basket or bowl to take them out of and put them back in. I usually put the Velcro trays out for my toddlers but other children like the sound of the velcro work as well. Leave to their decision.

2.) Clothes Pin Pinching work~ print a set of these manipulatives off. Laminate. Cut apart the props, cut the wheel out. Attach the props to a clothes pin that opens and closes on the back of the prop cards.  Place the pinching round and props on your choosing shelf in your montessori choice trays. Child sorts the props cards to the correct matching prop on the circle round cards. Have them attach the props by pinching the clothes pin onto each matching prop until all are sorted. When done, have them pinch off each prop from the circle card and place back in the tray to one side, children like to have a basket or bowl to take them out of and put them back in. I usually put the Pinching  trays out for my Preschoolers but other children like the challenge of the pinching work as well. Leave to their decision.

STORAGE: I store my sets in ziplock bags and clip them onto pant hangers that have a strip of cardboard attached. Easy to get out and easy to keep together.


If you would like to leave a comment that you enjoy my PINCH WORK OR VELCRO WORK it will inspire me to share more. I have TONS OF THEMES I want to share with you for your creative montessori trays. If you use my work, feel free to leave me a message and or a link or email and I will contact you back.

If you want to follow my page to see more creative montessori manipulatives, feel free. These manipulatives are for sharing and are not to be sold, profitted from or put in any collection in any form. Please leave a message if you have any questions. MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM MY HOMEMADE MANIPULATIVES.

1 comment:

The Education Of Ours said...

Very cute!! Thanks for sharing!

You Might Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Latest Posts

Visit My HomeMade Montessori

Popular Posts

Follow me on Blog Frog

Find Me On BlogFrog!

Share it