Followers

Saturday, January 8, 2011

OUR TODDLER PERMANENCE OBJECT BOX for TODDLERS homemade (project 8 of recycled jeans)



                 OUR TODDLER PERMANENCE OBJECT BOX for TODDLERS homemade
                                                          (project 8 of recycled jeans)


WHAT WAS I THINKING WHEN I MADE THIS? lol I was thinking "BUILD IT BIGGER" this time and that I did. The smaller permanence box on the right I made last week, well just because children have small hands doesn't mean their toys are small. Right? Well we had to make a permanence box that would accept very large toys, ones that toddlers carry. So, here is OUR NEW PERMANENCE BOX FOR TODDLERS sized hands and toys to fit into.

Researching on the internet, this box is one of four of Montessori Method boxes for infants and toddlers to teach permanence that things "continue through in life." Which will teach them in life that mom and dad or grandma and grandpa or aunt and uncle are coming back to get them later in the day. I made this from a very hard big box and denim jeans I am recycling. Denim is easy to hot glue and work with so that is why I chose that fabric. I used and extra large can for the top and cut a very large hand entrance in the front of the box.

The children love this activity. I may go bigger. If you like my dieas leave me a comment or follow me for more creative ideas.

1 comment:

Daniel and Vanessa said...

how did you make this, please?

You Might Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Latest Posts

Visit My HomeMade Montessori

Popular Posts

Follow me on Blog Frog

Find Me On BlogFrog!
There was an error in this gadget