Followers

Saturday, January 8, 2011

STICKERS OR NO STICKERS on my recycled homemade manipulatives? Experiment.....


STICKERS OR NO STICKERS on my recycled homemade manipulatives? Experiment.....

I wanted to experiment with my infants, toddlers and preschoolers on this topic. I made this moveable toddler carpet tray activity to practice movement, learning to move left to right (first steps towards that), placing objects in a place, eye and hand coordination, atention spans, learning to put things in its place and many more thoughts when making thise activity.

I know that Maria Montessori worked on offering "the natural" without distractions but in a world where there are push button activities, I must blend what works for me in my daycare center and the children I care for. I placed these as they are up in the picture provided above and EVERY CHILD WENT FOR THE BOTTLES THAT HAVE THE STICKERS ON THEM. They chose the un-stickered bottles second. So, I will keep using stickers on my activities as I see needed because the children chose around their "interests."

If you like my ideas let me know or follow me for more activities.

No comments:

You Might Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Latest Posts

Visit My HomeMade Montessori

Popular Posts

Follow me on Blog Frog

Find Me On BlogFrog!
There was an error in this gadget