Followers

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Exploration and Texture Sensory Rounds







Exploration and Texture n Sensory Rounds:

I used the regular salt playdough recipe to make these exploration and texture sensory rounds. Before I put some of the salt playdough in the random containers, I added beans, wood shapes, sensory balls to some of the bottoms and some on the tops to add texture to each shape to make them different. Each shape is a different sensory texture for the children to explore. The second picture is when I just made them and the first picture is when they are drying and I added two layers of mod podge to them to prevent beaking and cracking. Great to add a magnifying glass to for sight exploration and great for hands on touching for tactile experiences, homemade.


4 comments:

Pam said...

oh- I like this idea! I love the little "spiny balls" in the one texture round!

An Amazing Child said...

These are a great way to allow children to explore their senses. I always enjoy finding new Montessori-inspired Blogs. I'm looking forward to having more of a look around.

I have added your Blog to our Montessori Madness Share Group on TEN: The Education Network. Please stop by and have a look at some other great Montessori sites and Blogs.

The address is: http://www.anamazingchild.com/ten/ten.html

Kate

Sheryl said...

What a great idea!

Deb Chitwood said...

Great idea! And I like the addition of the magnifying glass for more exploration fun!
Deb @ LivingMontessoriNow.com

You Might Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Latest Posts

Visit My HomeMade Montessori

Popular Posts

Follow me on Blog Frog

Find Me On BlogFrog!
There was an error in this gadget