Followers

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Marble Scooping Activity

                
                                                                  Marble Scooping Activity:

I have a passion to create Montessori Manipulatives. It just comes natural for me to see trays at flea markets, thrift stores, stores and I can come up with a wonderful learning idea. This plastic Tray I purchased for .25 and it worked perfect for Marble to tray scooping work. This little spoon hugged the marble perfect.

Child scoops one marble up at a time and transfers each one to each perfect fitting snug hole on the transfer tray until all holes are filled. Then they finger transfer them back. Place this tray back to choices from shelf for another child to take advantage of and learn from. Building attention spans, concentration, independence, following directions, to name a few.

1 comment:

Deb Chitwood said...

I love this practical life activity! A child can work a long time at this - great for developing both coordination and concentration!
Deb @ LivingMontessoriNow.com

You Might Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Latest Posts

Visit My HomeMade Montessori

Popular Posts

Follow me on Blog Frog

Find Me On BlogFrog!
There was an error in this gadget