Followers

Friday, February 25, 2011

My Sensory FEELY BOX




I have a never ending supply of boxes due to a friend working at a store close to me. So, I am always thinking of ways to include boxes into my teachings. This activity can be for any of the children I care for. Its a homemade SENSORY FEELY BOX. I took a box, covered it with leftover table cloth covering that I glued on with regular school glue. Took another box that was slightly bigger and made a box for the top, that slides over the bottom perfectly. I cut to holes out and covering it in the table cloth to. Inside, I added really fuzzy material for a great sensory tactle experience. It took many hours to dry, infact I didn't do anything with it overnight. Then after adding the fuzzy material by putting glue down first, I can add any sensory materials or shapes I want. This week, I added sensory orbs that I made from material and the red orb is from recycled foam egg cartons cut down, glued on and painted. Then I mod podged over it. It has the BEST texture to it.

To make a free ball, roll newspaper into a ball shape. Wrap in any kind of tape. Then apply glue and layers of materials that you want. Let dry. Your done. Such a fun learning activity. Enjoy!







1 comment:

Nabiha said...

this such a nice idea..I just stumbled across your blog and I am enjoying reading all your posts...you have such great and original ideas! keep up the good work!

You Might Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Latest Posts

Visit My HomeMade Montessori

Popular Posts

Follow me on Blog Frog

Find Me On BlogFrog!
There was an error in this gadget