Followers

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Share: Sensory Containment Containers: Its on the Shelf


Share: Sensory Containment Containers: Its on the Shelf:

I made these SENSORY CONTAINMENT CONTAINERS out of juice lids, milk lids, pop lids, small tuna cans and they are perfect for little hands to hold, examine and wow over. Noticing details, odds and ends, flowers, shapes, textures and a touch of nature, these have turned out to be a great asset to our Montessori shelves. I added recycled levis to the edges from the seams of the jeans for more added tactile experiences. These are shown in our picture below, bottom left hand corner. I made their own storage box out of cardboard and bumpy sensory material. Were upto about 50 rounds now and building.




         Do you like our activities? Feel free to leave us a comment to let us know you were here. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Quirky Momma said...

Thanks for linking into WeTeach - I am in love with your site! THis is a brilliant way to organize the sensory stuff. Thanks for all the tips!

Alycia in Va. said...

You are truly inspirational. I love all the real world materials that anyone can make/use to teach their children. Thanks for sharing.

Kelli said...

I love, love, LOVE, that you cover reused cardboard boxes. I was worried that my covered shoe boxes were not up to par for the Montessori method, but after seeing you do it too I don't feel so bad. It also seemed more clear that in this throw away society we live in now we impart a reuse mentality into the children.

My HomeMade Montessori said...

Hi, I love all the great comments from everyone visiting my site. Thanks for all the support. Lisa of My HomeMade Montessori :)

You Might Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Latest Posts

Visit My HomeMade Montessori

Popular Posts

Follow me on Blog Frog

Find Me On BlogFrog!
There was an error in this gadget