Followers

Saturday, March 5, 2011

What have I been Up To? Object Placement Work 2

What have I been Up To? Object Placement Work 2:

After making my first placement tray (My Original Idea) seen below, was my first idea to put to use extra pizza boxes that have a solid foundation and tons of little medicine bottles donated every month for recycling I just came up with a placement activity that makes so much sense and is so educational for the children.

In this placement work pictured above, I am trying slightly bigger bottles and boxes that a toddler and preschooler can clutch in their hands but be more challenging to the next level. I don't have it ready for them to use, but this one should prove to be an educational challenge next for March. I cut bottles in half, traced around them, cut the shapes out and placed them inside. The sizes are challenging because some fall deeper into the box so I have to get the size just right so their "work" is successful in the end.

Im using medicine bottles, small candy boxes, trix yogurt cups (not cut in half), small drink size containers that fit in perfect. When I get it painted and mod podged, I will show in my blog what the ending product looks for me to share with the children in March. This is what I have been up to.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I am a Family Home Child Care Provider and I have just found your blog and I love it!! You are so creative and passionate about your child care center and the children you serve, I love that!! I am glad I found your blog and cannot wait to implement some of your ideas!!

Sherri said...

You have a great blog...full of great ideas! I am excited to follow along!

You Might Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Latest Posts

Visit My HomeMade Montessori

Popular Posts

Follow me on Blog Frog

Find Me On BlogFrog!
There was an error in this gadget